Daily Operational Procedures
- ABSENCES - If your child will be absent from school, please call the office ( 422-2320).
- ARRIVALS -
Morning Drop Off Procedures- Drive down the Soundview Avenue hill, turn right into the parking lot. Bear RIGHT only. Follow the traffic cones and stop along the sidewalk. Your child should get out of the car without assistance, and walk along the sidewalk to the entrance.
Drivers should not get out of the car!
We ask that you stay in line as you leave the parking lot and
turn right down the hill.
If you need to get out of your car to assist your child, or walk him or her to the door,
we ask that you do so on the Sterling Ave. side of the building.
- School begins at 8:35 a.m. Students may be dropped off between 8:15 and 8:35 a.m. If your children participate in the breakfast program they may be dropped off at 8:15 a.m. Parents who drive their children to school should drop them off in the rear of the building ( Soundview Avenue side) not before 8:20 a.m.. Children who walk should enter from the Sterling Avenue side, at the lower entrance.
- DEPARTURES - Children who will be picked up in the afternoon will be assembled in the cafeteria( Soundview Avenue side) at 3:15 p.m. Parents should pick them up there.
- Contact Information – Please log on to the Parent Portal to make any changes to your family information (new telephone numbers, employment numbers, etc. ) *In the event of difficulty, contact the help desk there. We need to be able to reach you should an emergency arise. Click here for the Parent Portal.
- School Emergencies/Closings – In the event there is a school closing, a delayed opening, an early dismissal, or other type of emergency, we will notify you in several ways. We will do a call-out to your phone number on record ( home or cell), you may check the district web-site and you may listen to radio station WFAS 103.9FM / 1230AM.
- Lost and Found – Please label all of your child’s belongings and personal items. We would like to return the items if they become misplaced